Search This Blog

Where is TIDES INN Today?

Click here map link
The last position reports for Tides Inn will be displayed on the map. (Courtesy of www.winlink.org) Tides Inn homeport is Dare Marina, Yorktown VA

Wind Generator and Radar Dome Re-Install

     With temperatures in the mid-90s and heat factor at 105, we are not putting in too many hours at the boat. Working a few hours in the morning and after dinner. Yesterday I got the new radar radome installed, but it will take some time to get it wired up. The new radar requires its own dedicated power source which means running a power cable to the helm station and installing a new breaker at the nav station. I dont have any free breaker spots so I have to reassign the small inverter breaker and move the breakers around so the radar is next to the chart plotter and Accessories down at the bottom. Meanwhile, I still have to run the cable video signal from the radar mount to the chart plotter at the helm.
   Today we re-installed the wind generator which had gone to EMarine in Fort Lauderdale for refurbishing in 2016 and has been sitting in my garage waiting for Tides Inn to go back in the water. Here's a couple photos of the before and after...




    Might be a while before I can confirm the wind generator is working properly, the batteries are fully charged by the solar panels.  I have the panels off now and need to run the batteries down somewhat when the wind is blowing to see if all is well with the wind generator. When its time to work on the refrigerator would be a good time. I am waiting for new gaskets for the refrigerator top.
   Tomorrow morning I will climb in the lazerette and start running radar cables before it gets too hot.